My wonderful WTE ladies have made me feel compelled to blog again... I feel like I journal 3 times because I jot down notes, then I write them in an actual journal with paper and a pen (YES you can still do it that way! Who da thunk it! lol) and now I am going to also write it here. Each copy will be different but with basically the same info. So here goes:
I will start with the oldest. Yes its only 5 mins but he is the oldest nonetheless.
Koby:
I am shocked and amazed by the progess he has made in the 4 mths he has been in Grade 1! Since he never went to Junior Kindergarten like Paige he was a bit behind going into Senior Kindergarten. He had to do 2 years in one. Entering Grade 1 he was still behind but doing ok. No where near where Paige was though. The 4 mths in Grade 1 he has totally caught up! He is reading at the same level as Paige. He went from not totally recognizing all of his letters to being able to read at level 7-8 in his books! I can't explain what that level is but to see and hear him read is friggin crazy fantastic! I am so proud of him! :)
He continues to be a total boys boy. He is rough and tumble. He has wanted to be a rockstar for a long time but yesterday he told me if he works hard enough and practises enough he can be a rockstar AND a snowboarder! Olympics here we come! lol.
He can be totally serious and then totally off the wall 2 seconds later. He can have such a sweet, good heart but can tease his sister mercifully and be naughty. Sometimes I think I should be a raging alcoholic to be able deal with him and sister twin sister. ha ha.
Koby loves to help and feel needed. Make him think that you are totally unable to do something if it wasn't for his help and he will be glowing about it all day long. He is such a sweetie.
He LOVES his little sister. Brie spent the first night away from us on Dec 18th at Gannie's and Koby was going to go to Nan's but decided he should go with Brie to make her feel comfortable. He told me he was going to be her like her "Daddy" while she was there because he knows what she needs and likes. Ahhh...he can melt my heart. :)
Paige:
Paige is doing amazingly academically! She is one smart cookie! Common sense is lacking big time but put a book in front of her and you will be astonded. She will do well. All the teachers say so. She is still very shy and very crazy. She acts like an animal all the time. She knows a lot about the said animals though. She pays attention. I think Diego has been a great inspiration. She also has a few dinosaur movies that she watches repeatedly. She definitely has a kind soul.
Paige is a handful though and full of piss and vinegar. She doesn't listen well and beats to her own drummer. She is going to be a hard one to rein in. I might have to tie her to the house when she is older. Hopefully I can pound some common sense into her before she hits her teenage years. lol.
So far she wants to be a vet when she grows up. That has been pretty consistent for a few years now. I have no doubt that she will do it. She is very stubborn when she wants something.
She is constantly counting, or writing, and asking questions. Her mouth never stops moving. Its cool to see the world through her VERY inquistive eyes. VERY.
I am hoping to get her back in some sort of after school activity because I think she needs to "unleash her demon" as I call it somewhere constructive.
Brianna:
She is now 18 mths old. She is so funny. She makes me laugh all the time. Her vocab is hugely increasing lately. She probably says about 20 or so words at this point. Her latest are "nu" for "nose" and "Na-na" for Gannie. On Dec 21st she said "I love Momma." It sounded like "I dav Momma." Best thing EVER!
She loves candy canes! I gave her a piece of one at one point and now she is addicted! I don't want her to have them but she is doing whatever she can to get one. We put them high up on the tree and she figured out that if she gets up in the bay window she can reach them. So now they are off the tree.
She LOVES her suckies! I am not sure how I am going to be able to get them away from her. I want to have them gone by the time she is 2. That is when I took it away from Paige and Koby. It was pretty easy with them. Hopefully it goes well with Brie too.
When Brie went to Gannie's house on the 18th to my total shock and amazement she slept through the night! I couldn't believe it when my Mom told me. Why do kids always have to prove you wrong. I told my Mom to expect her to wake up screaming and have to come in her bed and nope....thats not what she decided to do. The next day we moved Brie out of her room and into ours and moved Koby out of ours and into Brie's old room and she has been sleeping better. I guess she just needed to know someone was in the room with her. She is still waking up but she is not screaming or standing....she is just sitting and whining. I have been able to say "night night Brie" and she has gone right back to sleep! WTF?! I have my bed back! Its a friggin miracle! I am sleeping better. My back and neck are not sore from being driven to the end of my queen sized bed and hanging on for dear life. I love it!
Brie loves to be tickled and to tickle :) I have to get her on video doing it. She makes the cutest sound. She loves everyone Koby "Ko-ko" and Paige "Gee-gee" do. She is amazed by them. Typing this right now she is lying on the couch cuddling with Paige and she said "My Gee-gee" So friggin cute. All day long while they are at school she says "Ko-ko Gee-Gee" like one word. Its almost like a song. So adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment